Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Miraculous Morning

You know those mornings when your kid(s) sleep in longer than usual? I'm not talking just 20 extra minutes--which in itself is glorious--but a good two hours longer? And you know how you start off being productive (cutting the baby's fingernails and doing the dishes) because you are loving that you get some extra time to actually get something done?

But then...it gets later and later and you get feeling giddy inside, feeling disbelief at your fortune. You think, "Should I go check on them?" Secretly you're wondering if goblins have come and sucked their breath out because there's no way they really have kept sleeping this long. You wish you could hear some stirring from the bedrooms. But then you do and you pretend like you didn't hear it at all.

You decide to make a smoothie and go sit on the back porch to prolong the last minutes of this miraculous morning. As you sit outside in your p.j.'s, you think, "When did all the birds start chirping so much and when did all the airplanes start flying over our house so often? I've never heard them before..."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like heaven!!!

Hilary said...

Good for you to get up and enjoy some peace before the storm! When I get one of those mornings, few and far between I just lay in my bed and then I'm lazy all day long! Cute post.