Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Children's Tylenol Recall

I spent way too long today trying to figure out if the two bottles of Children's Tylenol I have stored in the medicine closet have been recalled. I know, it's been a few weeks since the recall, and I'm just now getting around to checking it out. Turns out, both of them ARE recalled, so now I'm in the process of waiting for my refund/coupon from the manufacturer.

If any of you still need to check into this, this will save you some time:
You will need to open the box/package to get the NDC number from the bottle. It's printed small above the product name. (There are examples on the website if you can't find it). Type the NDC number in here to see if it's a recalled product.

If it has been recalled, this is the form you need to fill out to get a refund or coupon for a replacement product. When I e-mailed it in this afternoon, I got a response that they had a "high volume" of e-mails, so I think it might be a while before I get my refund. In the meantime, I'll go buy a replacement for the ones I have to throw in the trash!

UPDATE: Last night I got a response from McNeil's saying they will send me a refund check within 2 -3 weeks. However, I don't think there is a replacement product yet. They are still trying to resolve the mistake before new product is manufactured at the plant. Here is the FAQ page. Luckily, in the meantime, I have a couple bottles of Equate brand, so I think we're okay with that...right?

2 comments:

The Gough's said...

I got my coupons within about 2 weeks...but they don't have a replacement out yet - that I know of. Some places carry a generic - like Walgreens, but I find that the infant stuff is really hard to find. Good Luck!

Emily said...

What a pain huh? We had to throw 4bottles of tylenol away, but I did get my check back from them pretty quickly. We've gone generic too.