Thursday, August 14, 2008

Phelps Phenomenon

"The Phelps Phenomenon, with his Condor-like stance and span, the greatest Olympic Athlete ever..." I get a little tired of the media's buzz on the Olympics and Phelps, and I just had to sarcastically vent a little bit. But, wow, the Olympics are fun to watch. I love the swimming and the gymnastics and running, especially. I even got Miranda to sit and watch the men's synchronized diving for about 10 minutes, and she never sits that long--even for Baby Einstein.

This brings back memories for me of the Salt Lake Olympics. I volunteered to help with those, and did the paperwork and the interview. But then they assigned me to be part of the Transportation Volunteers. And that's where the adventure ended. They wanted me to drive a shuttle up the canyon to the ski events. Seriously. Did they not know what a terrible driver I am, let alone in a huge shuttle bus full of people speaking a billion different languages??

Go Team USA!

0 comments: