Friday, September 26, 2008

Just When You're Patting Yourself on the Back

My sister, Holli, and I took our girls (and Holli's Maltese, Nikko) to Gardner Village this week to get pictures of them in their Halloween costumes. I was feeling pretty good about it, considering it's still September and Miranda not only already has her costume (thanks to Mima Lloyd) but also that we could get out and take some pictures before it was too cold. Then, as we're doing the 'photo shoot' some older ladies stop and admire "How cute!" Then they ask, "Did you make the costumes?" Ummm, no. Just when you're starting to pat yourself on the back...
Anyway, the pictures turned out pretty good, but we did have to visit the candy store there and relieve some stress afterwards with some delicious salt water taffy (the fresh apricot and lemon meringue were to die for).

Miranda is a pink poodle. The original idea was a bear, but she would NOT stand for trying on the brown dress. So, we let her pick out her own costume...




Abby (little lady bug) and Miranda


Abby and Nikko

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, Miranda looks so stinkin cute as a little poodle! That's such a great idea to get some pics now, since there's always a good chance it'll snow on Halloween. I love Abby & Nikko's costumes too, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that got matching costumes for my baby & doggie!

The Gough's said...

Heidi!! I just googled your name and look what I found! I am so excited to see you have a blog and how STINKIN cute little Miranda is! I need to see her. please keep in touch with me via blogging - email - phone...I hope all is well. Also, I am nosey and read through a few blogs. What kind of transcription do you do? I do it as well and was just curious!! Love you!!! Shondel

The Gough's said...

forgot to leave info...our blog is gough-family.blogspot.com