Monday, October 13, 2008

Confession

So, I have a confession to make. I have a weird hobby since being a stay-at-home mom. I guess it actually stems from that--wanting to keep in touch with the social world. But enough for excuses, here it is: I have become an avid obituary reader.
I don't think it would have turned into such a hobby if I hadn't found a few people that I've known, people I wouldn't have heard about otherwise, (ie colleagues from school, friends' parents, patients I worked with, etc.) Just this week, I saw the obituary of my fourth grade teacher, Mrs. Schriener.
Please tell me I'm not the only one I know under the age of 40 with this weird past-time...

4 comments:

lpettey said...

Heidi you are not alone. I have found a couple people that have passed on. I read it everyday. So I'm with ya. Mrs. Schriener died. I had mrs. moyer that year. That's really. I remember the pioneer program she conducted. Those songs are still in my head. Good times. What obituaries do you read? I read in the deseretnews. Was she in the Tribune?

The Gough's said...

ha ha ha!! I love that you do this too! That is the first and usually only page of the paper I read. I started when I worked at a SNF because I usually saw at least one patient in there each time I read it. Now I just read it...and as a mom read all of the young kids and get teary eyed.

Jeremy and Heidi said...

Thank you, friends, for helping me validated about this. I feel relieved knowing I'm not the only one. Not that I would have stopped anyway ;)

Angie said...

Mrs. Schreiner died?