Thursday, March 5, 2009

Good Things

This week Jeremy went to Nashville for a work conference. He got back last night and had a good time. He got to spend time with some family, as well, which was so fun for him and definitely made the trip worth it. His flight got in at 7:55 pm, and it was so cute, he called me and asked if I would keep Miranda up past her bedtime so he could see her and put her to bed.

I ended up staying at my parent's house for a couple of the nights because I knew I wouldn't be up to playing the single-parent role very well. I'm really glad I did. My mom helped a lot with the kids. It was so nice to have someone there (during the day!) to help hold a fussy baby or distract a dramatic toddler. We had some delicious meals and saw cousins every day, too. While Miranda napped, my mom was nice enough to watch Brad while my sister Holli and I went out and did some errands. It's so wonderful to go to stores without kids! Since it was a change from the normal routine, I tried some new things this week. These are some good things I discovered.

Lean Cuisine's Butternut Squash Ravioli
Holli bought me this because she wanted me try it. It is so de-lish! I want to find a recipe to make it at home.

Flower Hair Clips
Kristi, my other sister, made some of these for Miranda. They are so cute and dress up a pony tail so easy! I love them on alligator clips.

World Market
Fun, eclectic stuff.

Fast Fix

They fixed my mom's wedding band in 20 minutes (the prongs got bent and her diamond was crooked) and then they offered to clean my ring. I love having it professionally cleaned. It's like the same happy feeling as getting a pedicure.

Layers Clothing
Okay, so this isn't new for me, but it was one of the many stores Holli and I went to. If you're not familiar with this store, you have to check it out. http://layersclothing.com/shop.php We there at least every couple of months. They have a warehouse with a retail store and a lot of clearance items. They just moved to Sandy on the West frontage road right off 90th. I got this top in black, Holli got it in cream. Only $8.

1 comments:

H Yoho said...

I had fun too with all the shopping, but Bug is glad I am done.

Also aren't you glad I dug through the freezer bins forever to find you such an amazing gem? Try the sesame chicken stir fry lean cuisine next.