Friday, May 22, 2009

Baby Chicks are Here!


Dear Diary,
Today I was eating cereal with Mom when Mima called. Mom sounded excited talking to grandma, and when she hung up the phone, she said, "Hurry, Miranda. We need to get you dressed! Mima's coming soon." I hurried and got dressed and when Mima came, she told me that their baby chickens were at the post office, waiting to be picked up. She said I could come with her! At the post office, we told the mail lady that we were there to pick up a package. Mima sat me on the counter at the post office and when the lady brought out the box, I could hear a lot of little "peep, peep, peep" noises coming from the box! We took the box to Grandma and Grandpa's house, down in the basement. Mima took off the lid there, and I looked in and there were baby chicks-- a lot! We put them in a big crate with little crushed up corn and some water for them. They like their big heat lamp light, too. I told Mima, "Hold them! Hold them?" She said okay, but I had to use two hands to hold them and sit down in a chair. They were so soft and cute. I gave them kisses on their heads and petted their feathers. Mima counted them all and there were 25! That's a lot! I love the baby chicks. I didn't want to leave. But Mima gave me chocolate and said next time I could hold them some more.
Love, Miranda

5 comments:

Karie said...

That sounds so fun. How cute!

Unknown said...

Those pictures of Miranda are so precious! What a doll!!

the greens said...

Miranda is so cute!!!

The Lloyd Family said...

That is just so adorable!

Unknown said...

So cute and fun!!! I love the way you did it as her diary page, cute!
What are the baby chicks for?