Friday, February 29, 2008

The Sign of a Good Daddy


We went to the zoo on Wednesday this week. Every last Wednesday of the month during the winter season was free. So, there were TONS of people there. I think I saw half of you there! Anyway, there were some fun animals. (And the big cats really are "more active during the winter" if you've seen the Hogle Zoo commercial....The highlight was when the Bengal tiger roared at us for like 2 minutes! All of the kids looked something like this)
Anyway, there were some cute monkeys in one of the monkey houses. One of them was missing hair from the top of his head all the way down his back and tail. A sign on the window explained that he was under veteranary care for his hair loss. It said the balding is a sign that he is a good daddy--it was caused by carrying around his babies and by them pulling out his hair! So dads, wear your baldness as a trophey of fatherhood. No need to Bic it.
P.S. Jeremy helped me post this blog.

4 comments:

Emily said...

That's too cute! So do you think we need to start worring about our hubbies hairlines since TC & Jeremy are such good daddies? I don't think TC's lost any yet, but I will say that we've found a couple of gray hairs since Blake came along! By the way, we had lots of fun w/ you guys the other day, we'll have to do it again sometime!

Emily said...

Just wanted to let you know that I just tagged you on my blog, go there to find out what to do! Love ya! ;)

Angie said...

Hey, I love this post, but it's time for a new one, don't you think?? :)

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

I agree with Ang. I would love to see more of what you have to say. I was thinking of planning a get together with people this summer to catch up. It's been a while. Do you want to plan it with me?