Monday, December 15, 2008

Nemo, a Shark, and a Pear


I really don't like decorating for Christmas--or any other holiday for that matter. To tell the truth, I think it boils down to me being too lazy for all the short-lived effort. I thought I might get more into the spirit of decorating for holidays with kids around, but I haven't. Maybe as the kids get older... I love going to my sister Holli's house, she has so many fun decorations all over. We decided that next year, since she hates wrapping presents (which is something I do enjoy), that we'll trade services for each other. But for this year, we have our tree up, which is so much fun, and a table decoration. Aside from the wreath on the door, which I justify as 'Holiday Neutral' until Spring, that is it for decorations.
So, here are pictures of the tree, which Jeremy trekked up the Wyoming snow-covered mountains to cut down with his own bare hands. It smells wonderful and I have the lights on all the time.

Jeremy's mom, Merilynn, has a cute tradition of giving us an ornament every year for our tree. She does it at the beginning of December so we can enjoy it all month. The one I got this year was the pear, above, pictured with one of my favorites from previous years, a hummingbird. They are both Cloisonne, which is so pretty.

Miranda got an ornament this year, too, from Mima. She got a clown fish (like Nemo) that I don't have a picture of, and Jeremy got this shark (which I think was secretly for Miranda, too.) She is so obsessed with fish, she loves these ornaments!

0 comments: