Friday, August 28, 2009

Meet Huey


I would like to introduce you to Huey. He's a baby pygmie goat my in-laws are raising. He's so cute. I know this picture is terrible. It has an explanation, though--(if you don't care about the explanation, skip to the next paragraph):

Huey AND his mama are being adopted by my in-laws, but Huey needed to be weaned from his mother's milk, so Huey came alone until her milk dries up. The first day or so he cried and wouldn't eat and was as lonely as a little goat could be. So, the neighbors (who have Huey's mama) brought him a friend to stay for a couple weeks. It totally worked and now Huey is happy and eats his goat food. However, this goat friend named Ivory, is a grown male. Ivory has had his horns removed, but he still likes to butt, and sideswipe, and ram people. Jeremy loved wrestling with him--Jeremy laughing the whole time, and Ivory wagging his tail happily, too. But we all know it's not fun for a little girl to get rammed by a goat (trust me, it happened to me at Hogle Zoo when I was a little girl and I still am wary around goats because of it), so we had to always be keeping an eye on Ivory while we were visiting Huey. Thus we didn't get a great picture of Huey yet.

But check out Miranda's cute boots she gets to wear when she feeds the chickens and goats and dogs. She calls them her "frogs". We'll get a good picture of Huey and maybe his mama, too, soon. I also need to post pictures of the chickes--they're getting all fat and should start laying eggs soon enough!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Dogs, chickens, and now goats too?! Miranda and Brad are lucky to have such fun grandparents to go visit! :)