Monday, August 17, 2009

"Oregon Trail" and Other Goodies

I love my iPhone. I can't believe how useless my old cell phone was before compared to the iPhone. Let me just tell you about some of the features (since you were wondering, right?)

The GPS. Great for finding addresses when you're lost in Daybreak or where the nearest Little Caesar's is and how to get there.

Toddler Games. This is crazy cool for Miranda when I give her my phone and let her go for it. There are tons of things like flash cards and recognizing shapes and matching animal sounds to their picture.

Facebook. I can now be a star facebooker with the easy app. I don't know that I will be, but I can be...

Lose It! It's like a food journal that I enter all my food I ate during the day and how much exercise I did and it tells me how many calories I have left to eat in order to reach my weight loss goal. I lost one pound last week :)

Oregon Trail. Where my Ridgecrest peeps at? You know how we LOVED this game during 'computer time' in elementary school? Yeah. It's on my iPhone! I just got to shoot little squirrels and chose whether to ford across the river or take a ferry. Then little Martha got dysentery. Next time we'll shell out the cash to take the ferry.

And the best thing about all these favorite apps is they were all free ones. Even Oregon Trail. Although...Oregon Trail is the Free Version, which is just like a little teaser that only takes about five minutes to play so that you will buy the Full Version. I may have to shell out the five bucks to get the Full Version. But then again, how much time can one really justify wasting on Blogger, e-mail, Facebook, and iPhone apps to boot?

3 comments:

Karie said...

I know! I don't think I could ever go back to having a "normal" phone. I'm too addicted to my iphone. :/

Hilary said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! I loved Oregon Trail. Can I come over and play your iphone? I was at Old Navy the other night and my boys were being way crazy, my friend handed them her iphone with GoDiego on it. MAGIC!! I need one of those babies!

Angie said...

You should definitely shell out the $5 for Oregon Trail!