Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Homemade Christmas 09: Part Three

These were inspired by this cute children's cookie making kit at Target. It has a rolling pin, whisk, spoon, and six holiday cookie cutters. I was going to just toss it in with the other felt food, but then I could visualize Miranda trying to roll cookies out of kitchen towels or something else random, so I decided to make her some cookie dough.Did I mention this was the last project to be completed for Christmas? So, I wanted it to be a quick, no-sew toy. Funny how this is her favorite food item to play with--not the cakes that I spent hours on...Anyway, I rounded out a piece of light brown felt, traced some shapes from the cookie cutters, and cut away. Then I cut out some coordinating pieces for frosting (rounding their edges a bit). Last, put sticky velcro on the pieces, and then...
Enjoy a plateful of holiday cookies--low calorie, might I add!

3 comments:

Jen said...

All of that is darling. I love the cookie dough idea. I did some sugar cookies that were shaped like the IKEA cookie cutters, but it would have been fun to let the kids make them start to finish!

Wendi said...

My mom had a big stash of felt when we were growing up and we loved making things with it. These post bring back a lot of memories.

I love the food. I think Ruth would love the cookie cutout idea. I think I could manage that on my own.

Do you have any patterns of things you can make with felt that would be good for church? Ruth is getting pretty rambunctious these days and it's probably because she's so bored. Some felt activities that I saved special for church would probably be great.

Thanks for the post. I really enjoy seeing what people are doing creatively.

Angie said...

Wow!! So, so cute! I'm so impressed! I hope I get around to making these someday!