Saturday, November 1, 2008

More Baby Details


So, here's the scoop. I'm due the end of January (27th) and will be having another C-section, although my doctor keeps slyly making comments to get me to consider VBAC. Anyway, with the C-section, it could be the middle of January, but I'd like to wait out the full 40 weeks, if possible. BTW, when I'm 9 months pregnant, please remind me that I said that...
And the big news is, it's a boy this time! We would have been happy with another girl, but it is nice to have one of each already and just call that good if we want to (much to the chagrin of grandparents). We've got the names narrowed down to two, but I don't think I'm ready to publish them. I like them both for different reasons and I can't decide which one I want to go with. The middle name will most likely be Douglas, after Jeremy's paternal grandpa.
I'm sure Miranda has no idea what's about to happen to her world, though. Jeremy asks, "Where's baby brother?" and she points to my belly (and then hers, and then dads, etc.) Obviously she doesn't really connect the idea that my big round belly is growing her sibling. But who can blame her? I can barely wrap my head around the idea sometimes.
Thankfully, everything is going well so far. We're excited and I know the little guy will be here before we know it, especially with the holidays between now and then!

4 comments:

Karie said...

Congratulations, Heidi! That will be so fun to have a little boy. Hope you're hanging in there!
xoxo,
Karie

Jen said...

Yay! Boys are the greatest! Girls are sweet and fun to dress up, but boys don't give you attitude and emotional rollercoasters! (Plus, they are fun to dress up too!) I am so excited for you. Chloe hasn't grasped the baby concept yet either, but I think Morgan gets it this time. It is kind of a good thing when they don't quite get it...less to be jealous about!

the greens said...

Boys are so much fun. Wild and crazy, my house is always chaos with the boys. You are only due 3 days before I am. So much fun at least we got past the holidays right. Keep me posted on details.

Emily said...

He really is going to be here before we know it! I love both of the name choices you told us and think that either will go well with Douglas for a middle name. I can't wait to meet the little tiger. It's about time one of my friends is having a boy, poor Blake only has girlfriends!