Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Losing It

Warning: This post contains sarcasm and some bitterness.

It's official. I'm losing it.

My HAIR has started to come out in handfuls, thanks to post-partum hormones. I'm really looking forward to a fashionable, fuzzy, short regrowth look for summer.

My SANITY is going. Miranda has started doing two new things this week, and let me seriously say that they better be phases that pass quickly. One is that she is screaming at the top of her lungs. No matter what I do--ignore it, punish it, explain why it's freaking annoying--she continues to do it until I successfully distract her with something else. I'm not sure what kid she learned this from, but I'm pretty sure it was one in nursery. The other thing she has been doing lately is a fake burp. Yea, really cute and feminine, you can bet. This one, I'm pretty sure I know who she learned it from, and he's not a 'kid'. Oh well, at least we get to practice saying "excuse me" a lot.

My PATIENCE is wearing thin. As I was nursing Bradley today, Miranda put tape on my toenail. When I pulled it off, along with it came my toenail polish. Good-bye $28 bucks I just paid for my pedicure a week ago that I was hoping to stretch out for a good two months. Which leads me to this question: Why is it that just as toddlers are becoming so fluent and picking up so many new words, why is it that now is when I feel the most like cursing and find myself having to bite my tongue?

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hang in there...your ears will soon become used to the screaming and you willl probably find that the burping becomes endearing! Keep that toungue in check though...Morgan has picked up "Gives You Hell" by the All American Rejects from the radio...it is totally awesome when he sings it in church! :)

H Yoho said...

it could be possible that the screaming was picked up from a certain cousin...or maybe they both determined to start a screaming club.

Girls. Sheesh.

Emily said...

All very well said. The hair-falling-out-thing is THE WORST (and one of the reasons I'm sporting a short 'do these days). As if it's not bad enough to lost all of the gorgeous & shiny prego hair, you have to spend the day sweeping it off the bathroom floor, right?
And as for the screaming, Blake started that on our vacation and I seriously wanted to bang my head against the wall. Hopefully it will be a short-lived phase! Hang in there and let me know if you need a pedi-buddy next time you go. I think we deserve it. ;)

AndersenFamily said...

We have a screamer in our house, too. He has done it for a long time and it gets REALLY old! I think distracting is the best and only thing I have found to do, except for the occasional time when I snap and find it is best to lock my self in my room with the fan at full speed. Man, being a mom is exhausting! Good luck!