Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thumb vs. Binky

Little Brad has started to look for and--often finds--his thumb. He loved his binky for the first couple of months, but lately hasn't taken it very much. Now I catch him sucking away on his fist or thumb when he's hungry.
Miranda is a serious thumb sucker, and I don't think I want two thumb suckers. But then again, I don't know that I really have a choice, do I?
'Thumb' definitely has it's benefits over the binky, but it's not a bonus when it comes to kicking the habit as a toddler! The pediatric dentist told me he would like Miranda done sucking her thumb by age three, at the latest, which I don't really see happening without some serious and possibly painfully emotional intervention...

1 comments:

Emily said...

Ahh the eternal debate... I am definitely not looking forward to the day that Blake's binky goes bye-bye, he is so attached to it. But I see your point with the thumb, it's not like you can have the "thumb fairy" come and take it away when they are too old. :)