Saturday, April 11, 2009

Nemo Party

I can't believe our Mandy is two! We had a "Finding Nemo Party" for her to celebrate since she loves anything fish. (Ask her dad why that is...) Anyway, although I think she was a little overwhelmed, she had tons of fun, too!

The kids all went fishing for prizes and here they are modeling one of their prizes, fish glasses.
'Fishing' over the banister.

I decided to make the cake because I didn't like the one from the grocery bakery. I think it turned out cute, although it was my first time using fondant and I need to practice that more! It was a vanilla cake with cream cheese filling and cream cheese frosting~delicious!
Making a wish for a terrific year of two's ahead!

6 comments:

Karie said...

Your cake is darling! What a fun party.

Emily said...

That cake rocks, you are totally my Martha Stewart friend! :) Looks like Miranda had a fun time, I still can't believe that she's already TWO!

Angie said...

Wow, I can't believe you made that cake! Well, yes, I guess I can. It's amazing. Happy birthday to Miranda!

Unknown said...

What an amazing cake!!! Looks like a fun birthday! Have you taken Miranda to the Living Planet Aquarium? It is really neat! We have already been 3 times since they opened the new South America exhibit. I am sure she would like it. :)

The Gough's said...

I love that you have two thumb suckers! I have one and am terrified of getting another! I guess there are worse things - Laila just has a permanent sore/callus on hers. Also, I love the Nemo birthday! So cute. Laila loves Nemo. It is the only cartoon she will watch. The cake turned out fantastic!

Hilary said...

you are so talented! That cake is adorable. Are you for hire?

Cute party idea. Miranda is getting so big!