Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nursery Snack Time

This is an exclusive preview to the treat/craft Jeremy and I are going to have our nursery kids make on Sunday. It's a covered wagon for Pioneer Day. I had Miranda try it out for me yesterday so I could get an idea of how it might go--but then there's always the unexpected that happens every Sunday with all those little kids! It's hardly recognizable after she starts munching on it :) I think we might do this towards the end, since there is a bit of sugar involved: two marshmallows, four banana slices, one piece of licorice (I bought the pull apart kind for Sunday), four animal crackers, and some frosting to hold it all together.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I have been looking for ideas to make a pioneer day party fun - I might just have to try that!

Heather Barrantes said...

That looks like it will be a great snack for the kids!

Joy & Casey said...

Hey! Casey's a nursery teacher also. When I showed him the picture of this treat and read him your ingredient list he said, "and 2 buckets of wet wipes!" You guys are brave!

Karie said...

Wow, that's ambitious! I'm sure it was fun, though!