Friday, September 11, 2009

Aprons in Summer

We had the most refreshing morning walk this morning and I happened to take my camera with me, so I wanted to post a photo of the sunset as we saw it. Our family hiked Mt. Timpanogas for Labor Day with some friends, and I have been so sore all week from that steep hike and carrying a baby on my back the whole way! Needless, to say, I haven't been walking as briskly this week, but we have been enjoying the views. Next week we'll work on burning calories :)

Yesterday I just finished sewing an apron that I'm giving as a gift to my cousin for her birthday. I'm on a tight budget this year for gifts, so a LOT of gifts are getting creative and handmade. Aprons is the theme I decided on for all the females in my life who receive birthday presents. So, this is my cousin's--her birthday is in November! I love it when I don't procrastinate. On the other hand, my twin sister's needs to be done in about a week, and I have yet to even go fabric shopping... I gave this one to my aunt a couple weeks ago. She seemed happy with it. I love the little eyelet lace details that give it a vintage feel. And this is a set I made for my mother-in-law, Merilynn. She loves to cook with Miranda, so I wanted her to have a matching grandma/grand-daughter set. She was really excited about it and even hung them up in her kitchen on a cabinet wall. Miranda loves the detail on her little pocket and could hardly stop touching the beads long enough for me to take the picture. (It says "apple pie".)


2 comments:

The Lloyd Family said...

Oh my goodness. Those are so cute!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

I love the aprons! Did you use a pattern? I'd love to try and make one!