Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sucker

So it was my birthday this week (you know how we girls like to stretch out the fun). Anyway, I also know a bunch of other people who have birthdays coming up, (not to mention my twin who shares my b-day) so I made a little gift to give them. I've posted the tags here so you can do this too, if you'd like. The suckers I buy locally for only $0.60 each, so it's a nice inexpensive way to show someone you remembered them on their birthday. I'm sorry if the tags don't print out, I'm not really sure how to do this...If it doesn't work and you know how to help me, let me know and I'll try again ;) You could easily make your own cute tags, too.Here are some other details on how I did it, although there could be some fun variations on this gift to make it just as cute or cuter**To wrap the suckers, I just cut the ziplock part off of a regular sandwich baggie. Then I cut the two pieces apart so I had two squares. I wrapped the sucker with one of them and tied it with a ribbon. Before tying on the ribbon, however, I threaded the tag onto it. Doesn't cute ribbon just make anything so much more fun?

P.S. Hilary, I hope you like root beer flavored suckers! (It's so hard to guess if someone is more of a cinnamon or a sweet flavor...)

**I think a cuter option to the baggie could be a printed cellophane bag.

8 comments:

Jen said...

How cute! What a great idea! They also sell packages of "sucker bags" that are the perfect size for suckers at places like roberts and michaels. I use them all the time when my kids eat suckers and don't finish them and want to save them for later.

H Yoho said...

This "sucker" enjoyed her sucker. Thanks. And I had a perfectly enjoyable day yesterday...almost too good because I found today lacking.

erin said...

You are so clever Heidi. I wish I could be more like that.

Jeremy and Heidi said...

Jen- that's a great idea that would make this a lot easier! I love simplifying the details.

Holli- I did this project with you in mind, smiling about how all you wanted at Swiss Days was a sucker.

Erin- Thank you, but I think you are probably more clever than me...P.S. I'm taking the liberty to invite myself to your blog.

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

So cute! I love the ribbon choices. Hope you had a great b.day! One year older and wiser too!

Hilary said...

You are always coming up with such fun, cleaver and creative ideas! I Love rootbeer (would have picked it myself actually) I hope u had a great b-day and can't wait to celebrate with you on Friday!

AndersenFamily said...

Man you are creative! I love all your fun ideas. Happy September Birthday, it really is the best month to have a birthday!

Joy & Casey said...

Happy birthday!!! LOVE the sucker idea and you are a genius to think to cut a ziplock-AMAZING!!! I would have never thought of that but I hopefully will never forget that! ;)