Saturday, January 31, 2009

Homecoming

Finally, our little Bradley got to come home today. I tried not to let myself get excited about it just in case it didn't really happen today--the nurses kept saying "don't get your hopes up" when they told us he might be discharged this weekend. But he is home at last! It didn't really sink in until I got to sit and snuggle with him for the first time. I sat on the couch with him and looked at him in his new outfit and soft blanket and finally felt like the whole ordeal was over with and it felt so good to let all the emotions go. This has been a great lesson in patience, faith, and hope. Thank you for all of your support, prayers, concern, and encouragement over these past two weeks. It helped us get through this in one piece.

Here are some pictures from today:

This is the outfit we brought to bring him home in. He looked so sweet and we had him all buckled in the car seat ready to go, and then he spit up all over.

Luckily I brought two outfits (one size Newborn and one 0 - 3 Months), so this is Brad in outfit Number Two.

Miranda saw him last night at the hospital through the NICU window, but this was her first time meeting her baby brother. She had a sweet little look on her face the whole time. She will be a good big sister and helper for mom!

In this picture Jeremy is explaining to Miranda that her baby brother doesn't have any teeth yet.

Now we can't wait to spend a few days at home, just enjoying our little family of four!

10 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! I was so excited to see the title of this post. How awesome to have your little guy under your own roof at last. I love the pictures, he already looks bigger! We can't wait to meet him, let me know what your schedule looks like next week and we can bring some dinner down or something. :)

Jen said...

So so happy for you! He is darling in both outfits! Enjoy this fun time with your little family!

the greens said...

So glad that you get to have him home! He is darling! Congrats!

Michelle said...

Yeah we are so excited for you. I am so glad that you brought him home. (I am Bug's cousin)

Angie said...

I'm so glad he's finally home. Hooray!

Hilary said...

Yea! I'm so happy for you guys. What a special little guy. Glad Bradley is doing better. I'd be happy to watch Miranda anytime!!!

Unknown said...

Hooray!!! He looks darling, and I love both outfits!! Looks like Miranda is going to be a great big sister! I am so happy for you, and Brad! Welcome home!

AndersenFamily said...

What a happy ending to a long trial. He is so handsome, enjoy your time together!

The Lloyd Family said...

We are so happy for you guys!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Hello Heidi! I am not sure how I found your blog - I have had it on my list for awhile & just haven't been commenting on anyone's at all! Congrats on your new little boy! I'm glad that he is home & doing well! I've been checking your blog to see how things have been going! I miss seeing you at church & around the neighborhood. I'm sure I will see you outside more once the weather turns warm. :)