Sunday, January 25, 2009

One Week Old

Brad is one week old today. This week has been a blur. It feels weird, like there's still something I need to do in order to bring him home. But it's not up to me. Talking with the doctor and the nurses, it sounds like it won't be until this weekend when he can come home. And they aren't giving us dates, we're just adding up the time it's going to take for him to meet all his goals before being discharged.

He was so awake after we fed him today, we got the first picture of him with his eyes open wide. (I didn't want to use the flash on the camera, so the color is a little weird.) We also got a picture of him in a little outfit. He sleeps a lot better now that he can be wrapped up all nice and cozy in a blanket.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Glad to hear that things are getting better everyday! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Hilary said...

He's SOooo Cute!!!
What a perfect little face. I'm glad that he is improving but sad that he isn't home with his family.
Carson still has that same binkie. It's funny to see how Huge it looks with Bradley but so tiny with my chubby little Carson. What can I do to help you guys?

Liz said...

Congrats, Heidi and Jeremy and Miranda on the arrival of little Bradley. He's adorable! And I'm glad to read updates about how he's improving each day. Let us know how we can help!