Monday, February 1, 2010

Brad's First

As I said, I'm behind on blog posts, but here are some pictures from Brad's Birthday.

This is a good morning for a one year old! We had his party that weekend, and I wanted to make it special by doing a fun cake but not necessarily getting too much into a theme, as I feel there will be plenty of time for pirate and dump truck themed birthdays in the years to come. I've been wanting to try this star idea with fondant for a while, and I think it turned out fun. Here is Brad's "smash cake". Fondant isn't very easy to dig into, so it's made with cream cheese frosting--Yum! He seems to like it, too! Check out his cute bib. My sister, Holli, made three of those for him. They are the cutest fabrics and she covered them in vinyl, too! We had some yummy food: shredded beef sandwiches (Merilynn baked the buns from scratch), deviled eggs, pineapple, fries and sweet potato fries (a hit with the kids and adults), and a spinach salad. This is the only thing I got a picture of, though. I made chocolate covered cinnamon bears for the party favors.

Thanks everyone involved for the fun gifts, helping with the delicious dinner, and making a first birthday celebration so special!

4 comments:

Karie said...

You are so talented, Heidi! That cake is AMAZING! Wow! And I love the party favors.

The Lloyd Family said...

That cake is so awesome! And Brad looks so cute - it's crazy how fast time flies!

Angie said...

What a cute cake and fun party. I can't believe the little guy is already 1!

Emily said...

Happy birthday little buddy! One year old, already?! It sure goes fast, doesn't it? The cakes look wonderful and it definitely looks like he enjoyed them!