Thursday, February 4, 2010

Fun with Fondant

Here are some more pictures of Brad's birthday cake. Fondant is so much fun and I just had to post more pictures of the decorating of the cakes!
These are the cakes before fondant. I made the large cake a chocolate with Oreo filling. The small was vanilla with cream cheese filling. I still haven't perfected my filling/filling process, though, as you can see when the stripes are added to the cake. Any tips out there? I love seeing the cakes after the fondant is on, but just hanging off it. It reminds me of the scene in Sleeping Beauty where the fairies make Rose her 16th birthday cake. I always breathe a sigh of relief after that first layer is done successfully--no tears, rips, bubbles. Then comes the final touches!

If you want to learn how to do fondant, my neighbor is graciously hosting a get-together at her house (since we're in the middle of a pre-move mess right now). It will probably be some time next week. It'll be free of course and I'll share my yummy fondant recipe with you, show you how to make it, as well as the limited information I know about how to decorate with it :) If you want more details, e-mail or leave a comment and I'll get you the invite information!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'd like the info, please! Your cakes always look amazing!!

jamesandlindsaylattin said...

What a cute cake. You are so talented.