Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Newborn Sleep Gown

I loved dressing my newborn babies in sleep gowns--so much easier for middle-of-the-night diaper changes and so comfy for them to curl their little skinny legs up inside. When I saw this pattern on This Mama Makes Stuff, my sister and I had to try it out for her baby. Hers turned out so cute that I made some for some for my friends who are expecting this year. I love how they are made from T-shirts--well worn T-shirts just up the 'comfy factor'! This one was a man's XL and I actually got two out of it. Too bad I don't know anyone having twin boys!
My cousin and aunt helped me sew these four in about 45 min. per gown! I think I'm a little addicted to making these, though, because I still have two gowns left to gift but already want to get more T-shirts to sew up some more!

2 comments:

Emilio & Heather said...

So cute!

rachel said...

Very cute! And now I'm the proud owner of the Real Salt Lake one! Thanks Heidi!